The IRE conference program featured over 40 educational sessions presented by 90 speakers. Some of the industry's leading experts shared their knowledge and best practices on trending topics. The sessions are organized by tracks that include General Business, Leadership, Legal/HR, Money Matters, Sales/Service, Sustainable Building, Technical, Windows & Siding, and Workplace Safety. The most popular sessions included:
- State of the Industry Research - The Deep Dive
- NRCA Update on Roofing Industry Technical Issues
- Stop Training Start Coaching
- Understanding Metal Roofing: Part I
- The Economics of Roofing: The Market Ahead
- Estimating the Right Way
- GEN Z: The Roofing Industry’s Future Has Arrived
- Commercial Flat Roofing: Components and Damage Assessment
- Adapting to Material Price Increases and Shortages
- How a Great Commercial Service Department Can Drive Your Entire Company
The 2022 edition of International Roofing Expo took over 142,483 NSF of the award-winning convention center, hosting nearly 400 industry-leading suppliers in the expo hall. Manufacturers and suppliers showcased the latest products, services, and technology for the roofing and exterior industries, including notable companies such as ABC Supply Co. Inc., Beacon Building Products GAF/Siplast, Owens Corning SRS Distribution, Beacon Building Products, Owens Corning, and more. In addition to the exhibits, there were a variety of other activities taking place on the show floor.
- The Windows & Siding Education, Exhibitor Presented Seminars, and GAF Education Center offered attendees 20+ free educational sessions.
- During Product Clinics attendee watched live product demonstrations.
- The SRS Distribution Para Latinos booth offered networking and education to help Latino roofing contractors grow their businesses.
- The NRCA ProCertification exams took place on the show floor.
- Atlas Roofing gave contractors the chance to win more than $120k in total prizes in the 2022 Asphalt Life Truck Giveaway.
- Outside the SRS Extreme Tailgate Party was back and featured live music and drinks.
Networking & Special Events
New connections were made, and relationships strengthened during the three days at IRE. Industry friends were able to connect in person to share best practices and discuss current challenges. The IRE First-Timer Attendee reception (sponsored by RoofersCoffeeShop) and Welcome Party (sponsored by ABC Supply Co.) had a great turnout, and everyone had an amazing time at Mardi Gras World.
This year our keynote speaker was the honorable Reid Ribble, NRCA CEO. Reid gave an spoke passionately about the industry. He shared a life’s worth of lessons he learned from his father, his roofing business, his time in Congress, and leading the roofing industry as the CEO of the NRCA. The keynote session was sponsored by Malarkey Roofing Products.
The NRCA hosted their annual ROOFPAC reception on Monday, January 31 and the NRCA Awards Ceremony & Cocktail Reception took place on Wednesday, February 2. We also want to give a special shout out to the Texas A&M University team for winning the Roofing Alliance Student Competition.
On Sunday, January 30 hundred of women roofing professionals came to New Orleans early to participate in National Women in Roofing's 5th annual NWiR Day. During this one-day conference multidisciplinary women professionals from the roofing industry came together to learn about the latest business strategies and tactics and share their secrets to success.
Over 50 volunteers came together on Monday, January 31 for the IRE's 13th Annual Community Service Day event. Volunteers worked on three homes making some much-needed repairs. With the donations received from our attendees, the $15,000 from our primary sponsor Sika Sarnafil, and the $10,000 from IRE - we are excited to announce that our partner Rebuilding Together New Orleans (RTNO) is receiving close to $30,000. Thank you to all of our sponsors and volunteers. We also want to give a special thank you to GAF for donating 50 roofs to RTNO.